I hope you’re having a great holiday weekend!
The 4th of July is a time to celebrate this GREAT Country we live in with your family and friends.
Most everyone will be celebrating at picnics and parties where you’ll be surrounded by high fat foods, sugary drinks, and killer desserts.
Essentially… Foods laced in a ton of FAT and SUGAR! Not the best environment for losing weight and sticking to a healthy eating plan.
Here are a few eating tips that will help you cut down on junk, yet give you the satisfaction of not totally depriving yourself:
1. Skip the hot dog and have a grass-fed hamburger instead.
2. Grill a chicken breast with a NEW seasoning or marinade.
3. Skip the bread with your burger.
4. Skip potato chips and choose veggies with a guacamole dip.
5. Skip high sugar desserts and make a dish of Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries, it will have a red, white, and blue theme!
6. Skip the deep-fried fries or mashed potatoes and make a blue Okinawan sweet potato dish.
7. Make your potato salad with mustard instead of mayo.
8. Make a fresh salad with a ton of veggies and put the dressing in there lightly – oil and vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette. NO cream dressings.
11. Use smaller plates! Have big portions of healthy items and smaller of not-so-healthy.
12. Don’t hang out near the food table! Play with the kids instead :p
13. Drink light beer, red wine, and skip anything with soda! Make a pact with yourself to have a glass of water in between each drink. (For holiday drinking tips, check out this post: Ways To Beat A Hangover)
14. Bring a healthy dish YOU like and don’t go hungry.
15. Eat some healthy snacks before the party so you don’t go crazy once everything is out.
16. Send leftovers home with everyone else!
Use these tips to help you stay on the weight loss track
I wish you and your family a Happy & Safe 4th of July!