As most of you know, in addition to running Wold Fitness Body Transformations, I am a youth sports performance specialist.
I work mainly with a local Volleyball Club as their head strength and conditioning coach, but consult with various schools districts and sports clubs as well.
Carson City asked me to develop a 5 minute Warm Up for all of the players to do before they even touch a volleyball.
Here’s what we came up with:
Volleyball Club Championship Warm Up
- Seal Jacks x 20 (40 sec) Temp Raise, chest stretch
- Mountain Climbers x 40 (80 sec) Temp Raise, hip loosener, core activation
- Fire Hydrants x 10/leg (110 sec) Glute activation, hip loosener
- Hindu Pushups x 10 (140 sec) Full body strength, posterior chain stretch
- Hip flexor stretch x 20sec/leg (180 sec) Releases the “brakes” on hip extension
- Glute bridges x 15 (210 sec) Glute activation/strength
- Piriformis Stretch x 20sec/leg (250 sec) Releases the “brakes” on jump & squat
- Tuck Jump x 10 (280 sec) Neural activation and explosiveness
- Bicycle Crunch x 20 (300 sec) Temp raise, core strength
(The time on the side is a running clock towards the 5 minutes)
Here are videos of each exercise:
Mountain Climbers (Volleyball Players do these without the sliders)
Fire Hydrants (first exercise in series)
Hip Flexor Stretch